Post-Tropical Cyclone Nestor
Post-Tropical Cyclone Nestor has generated storm surge levels exceeding 3 feet above Normal Astronomical Tides from Apalachicola through Cedar Key. Maximum surge levels could exceed 4 feet in Apalachee Bay. Stay tuned for more updates.
Data-Driven Flood Risk Analysis
U-Surge provides the first data-driven coastal flood risk analysis for communities from Texas to Maine. Check out this PBS Newshour documentary that features U-Surge and the importance of data-driven flood risk analysis.
Sample City Data
U-Surge provides the following innovations:
- First comprehensive storm surge dataset for coastal cities
- Conversions to a common datum for analysis
- Analytical tools to determine extreme water levels
- Mapping tools for spatial analysis of coastal flooding
- Combined storm surge + sea-level rise analysis
- CLICK on the map above to see a sample city (South Padre Island, Texas)