Hurricane Dorian is inflicting catastrophic damage on the Bahamas and moving closer to the southeast U.S. Coast. Click the image below to go to the special Hurricane Dorian page.
Satellite image of Hurricane Dorian on the evening of Sun Sep 1....image courtesy CIMSS/ University of WIsconsin
Data-Driven Flood Risk Analysis
U-Surge provides the first data-driven coastal flood risk analysis for communities from Texas to Maine. Check out this PBS Newshour documentary that features U-Surge and the importance of data-driven flood risk analysis.
Sample City Data
U-Surge provides the following innovations:
- First comprehensive storm surge dataset for coastal cities
- Conversions to a common datum for analysis
- Analytical tools to determine extreme water levels
- Mapping tools for spatial analysis of coastal flooding
- Combined storm surge + sea-level rise analysis
- CLICK on the map above to see a sample city (South Padre Island, Texas)